Friday, December 7, 2007

Devoting a Little Bit of Extra Time..............

Although we were not assigned a blog this weekend, I decided to take a little time out of my trying schedule to tell you a little bit more about myself:


I am looking forward to learning about the Civil War, mostly for the reason that all of my other history classes have only taught up to World War 1 and some, only the American Revolution! Learning more about things that happened recently in history can help me relate them to things happening today in our society. But besides history, I am trying to adjust to my first year of high school. One would think it would be an easy transition from middle school to high school, because I was in the Academic Center two years prior, but it sadly that is not true. Sure, I have been going to the same school for three years now, but something seems to have changed. The pressure factor has been increased dramatically. Since people have seen what I could do, the time since I have been at Kenwood Academy, they expect more than I may be capable of. Whether this pressure source comes from my teachers, my piers, or even my coaches, I have found a way to balance it, but it seems a little bit more difficult this year.


In some ways I have brought this among myself, and by some means I must find a way to fix it. I guess in some cases you must give the audience what their asking for, but at the expense of yourself. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,” is a phrase I live my life by. Although the road may seem treacherous, how are you going to make it if you don’t at least try? But as I receive this pressure, in a way it fuels my drive to do better, to exceed expectations, and to just be me. I will succeed not just for the people that have made me who I am, but for myself.


On a lighter note, there have been a couple of highlights during my first year of high school. One major one is my new found ability to run. Besides my pleasure for photography, running has played a huge role in my life. Accidentally stumbling on it during the summer, the track and cross country teams has exposed a side of me I never knew existed. I have become more open and willing to try new things and most of all, more willing to meet new people.


“Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.” Even though, sometimes my life is shrouded in mystery, I find solace in the people around me, and find my strength to make it through the day.

No comments: